It is considerably simpler for businesses to develop a brand presence with a mobile app than with a website since there is a great deal of engagement on mobile devices. Furthermore, research has also suggested that 85% of consumers prefer mobile applications over mobile websites when purchasing online. So, to cater to this huge number, brands have started working on developing their mobile application.
But as developing and managing apps on different devices like iOS and Android is expensive and time-consuming, brands are leaning towards cross-compatible solutions. Amidst them is Flutter, one of the best cross-platform mobile app development frameworks.
Google has revealed that nearly half a million app developers are using Flutter each month, and 2 million developers have been using Flutter 1.0 since it was launched in 2018. Businesses are constantly looking for relevant resources, and many are choosing third-party developers for the job (since outsourcing is cost-effective). So if you are also looking for a Flutter app development company to create your mobile app seamlessly, you should keep the following tips in mind and know the pros and cons of using this framework.
7 Top Reasons to Use Flutter in 2023
1. Decrease expenses and reduce development time
Although the Android studio has a layout preview tool, it still has certain restrictions that make the process lengthier. Therefore, if any developer wishes to make little modifications or has to even test the working of the app, they have to spend a lot of time doing it. But now, Flutter’s Hot Reload functionality allows developers to examine changes without disrupting the app development process. Developing applications with Flutter helps shorten the app development period and cut down expenses. As you load it without any effort, you will find that Flutter makes the modification process more flexible and versatile.
2. Seamless user interface
In today’s time, every brand needs an adaptive and responsive app that provides the best experience to the user, whether they are using TV, smartphones, desktops, or some other device. Initially, developers had to work, and brands had to allocate huge budgets to prepare apps suitable for different devices, but now with the help of Flutter, brands can get their apps built within a single code.
Flutter’s single-source programming language can support all devices, tablets, laptops, TVs, and even the newcomers in the market: Foldable phones. In addition, the native capabilities of Flutter offer great app speed and a seamless user interface.
3. Customization of the widgets
One of the key reasons behind Flutter’s popularity among developers is the opportunity for customization. Compared to other cross-platform frameworks, Flutter offers many more customization options. With Flutter, developers can customize the widgets according to the business requirements. So whatever the layout may be, developers always have the chance to customize the widgets to develop a fabulous app.
4. Stronger Rendering Engine
In other cross-platform frameworks, developers are restricted to performing just one action at a time in the mobile app development process, but in Flutter, developers can do multiple things. Furthermore, it contains a built-in rendering engine. As Flutter uses Skia to display different user interfaces, it is one of the frameworks that can easily handle these high-performance jobs.
5. Use of Single-Code
In the mobile development process, developers often might face difficulty deciding which programming language to use. But when using Flutter, developers don’t have to think about the different programming languages as it has a single-source programming language called Dart, created by Google. With the help of Dart, a developer who has basic programming knowledge can also use Flutter to develop an app.
6. Robust Documentation
The extensive documentation and resources that support developers in finding solutions are one of the main reasons why many businesses pick Flutter. Furthermore, it comes with several libraries, which are quite beneficial as they provide extra capability to your application. Finally, as this framework also supports third-party libraries, one need not worry about missing out on important things.
7. Strong Developer’s Community
Flutter also has a great community hub like Flutter Awesome and Flutter Community, where developers can share ideas, post queries, and solve problems faced. As a result, a vibrant developer community supports Flutter and is always searching for ways to improve it. In addition, the frameworks make it easier for newbies to integrate and learn. Therefore, anyone may start creating an app with the team’s assistance.
8 Amazing Tips and Tricks to use Flutter
- You can avoid repeatedly rewriting the same widget by extracting it into a different widget. These separate widgets can be used in different places saving time and effort for the developer.
- The new version, Flutter 2.5, has a Flutter_lints package that finds the potential issues in your source code. It promotes ethical coding methods for Flutter plugins, packages, and apps.
- Developers can enhance their productivity with the help of the Flutter Code Snippet feature. This feature helps you develop the methods and classes commonly used in the Flutter platform. For example, if the developer uses a shortcut like singleChildSV, they can create a SingleChildScrollView widget without any hassle.
- Developers should use Hook or Stateless widgets rather than Stateful widgets as these create more load on the app than the former ones.
- You can use TextStyles- a common file, to store all constants, including decorations, asset strings, and colors. This will help developers streamline the entire design process.
- Flutter has another amazing feature that developers should use, that is, the Introduction screen. This screen will help developers create an impressive intro screen in just 10 minutes.
- If you want to have unique and impressive icons in your app, you can use the Font Awesome for Flutter to build the icons you want.
- Use “Flutter logs” to see the history without overwriting anything. This helps developers working on a complex keep going on with their work, while others can also see what changes are done from the start.
The History of the Flutter Platform and Its Growth Over The Years
It’s crucial to comprehend the history of this framework and the reason behind its creation before moving on with using Flutter as the framework to develop the app for your company.
The first Flutter version that Google introduced was called “Sky,” which ran on the Android operating system. Flutter was revealed in 2015 at the Dart Developer Summit to be able to display continuously at 120 frames per second. But it was released in 2017, and one year later, Flutter 1.0 was released at the Flutter Live Event in 2018. In this event, it was advertised as the first stable version of the framework. Moving further in 2019, Google released Flutter 1.12 version in Flutter Interactive Event.
In 2020, Flutter 1.17.0 was released along with Dart Software Development kit(SDK) version 2.8. It was launched to support metal API to improve 50% of performance on the iOS operating system and bring new widgets and network tracking development tools.
A year later, in 2021, Google finally released Flutter 2 in a virtual event, “Flutter Engages.” This significant upgrade added formal support for web-based apps, better Add-to-App APIs, and early-access desktop application assistance for Linux, Windows, and macOS.
In this era, Flutter has increased drastically in popularity and is now the standard framework for creating cross-platform mobile apps. It may be used to develop user-friendly, feature-rich applications for several operating systems while attaining native performance and visual uniformity on various platforms.
Tips for Hiring a Flutter App Development Company
Even if you have certain demands of the Flutter app developers, you need to keep the following tips in mind before you hire Flutter app developers in India:
- You must decide the goal of developing an app for your brand, whether you want to sell things, promote your brand, or build trust with potential customers before you launch the application. You will need to share this goal with the Flutter app development company to help them make the greatest application for your company.
- To learn more about the business and determine whether it would suit your project, look for client testimonials, verified reviews on third-party websites, and case studies.
- View earlier projects of the Flutter mobile app that the company has successfully created.
- Make sure that the company should be open to sincere partnerships and have a distinct understanding of the needs and objectives of the client.
- Compare the price, don’t go for the one offering their service at a lower cost. Rather you should compare the price of 3-4 companies and should ask them about the reason behind their pricing. Consider the one offering a justified price according to their service.
With the assistance of a single source code, Flutter has made the mobile app development process affordable and simpler than ever before. Now developers can seamlessly build a high-performance, beautiful app for a different device with just a single Dart code, without much hassle. So, after examining the Flutter framework’s pros and cons, brands can create excellent cross-platform mobile applications that are appealing, fast, and meet their specific demands in no time with the help of the Flutter app development company. But as it takes time and effort to find an app development company that will create your app the way you want it to be, start your search today while keeping the aforementioned hiring tips in mind.
Ella Wilson is a Sr. Business Consultant and Content Strategist at SunTec India, a leading Flutter app development company. She has been associated with the company for more than six years and holds an overall experience of ten years in the industry. Wilson is keen on helping businesses make the most out of their data assets and improve their business processes. She also has vast experience writing about data entry, processing, management, and other solutions. As an avid reader and technology enthusiast, Ella pens down her thoughts, incorporating all her experience and knowledge to help budding enterprises solve their challenges and pave their path to success. Besides writing about data solutions, she is also passionate about writing articles revolving around technology, eCommerce, digital publishing, digital marketing, and more.