The world is rapidly changing, and the competition in the business is becoming intense. Gone are those days of using conventional telephone systems that have limited features, or you might be left behind in this new fast-paced environment. Thanks to virtual numbers, employees can now enjoy working remotely.
Basically, virtual phone numbers were invented for businesses, with so many features that would aid in businesses’ daily communication needs. And as a business owner in this highly competitive world, one must ensure that his business communication is reachable not only locally but internationally as well.
Why do you need a virtual number?
The number one reason for acquiring a virtual number is to keep pace with customers’ demands. We all know that customers don’t want to wait for a long period when calling a particular business. The worst scenario is that a customer may hang up and look for another company to inquire with. And as a business owner, you can’t afford to lose a prospective client.
Unlike the traditional telephone line, a virtual number possesses significant features that can’t be found in a conventional phone. It is the best thing to know and identify these value-added features and see if you could take great advantage of them.
- Cost-efficient – one of the main reasons why many businesses have already shifted to virtual numbers. Compared to the traditional phone system, you don’t have to install expensive hardware and equipment upon setting up a virtual number. There is no need for you to purchase an additional office table and chairs and even a brand new desk phone. All you need to do is register an account from a reliable cloud-based service provider like Telnum, choose your virtual number, and activate. That’s all you have to do.
- Set up your local presence – establishing a local presence is a must if you want to gain the trust of the domestic community. In this way, you are providing a personal touch by giving out local numbers that are easy to reach.
- Enhance your professional image – during the early years, it was difficult to establish a brand image outside your country’s boundary. The reason is that you need to purchase expensive equipment to be able to reach other countries and regions. With a virtual number, such as toll-free numbers, these barriers have already been eliminated.
- Flexibility – aside from the fact that you can be reached almost anywhere around the world, a virtual number provides total flexibility within your team. This means that they can still be reached even after business hours. Best of all, employees can work remotely from the comfort of their homes without missing a single call from customers. Remember that virtual numbers are not tied to specific physical phones, giving you and your team the freedom to have a work-life balance.
- Improve accessibility – since virtual numbers are free to dial from your customer’s corresponding country, they bring convenience by costing nothing for someone who, for example, resides in the United States to dial a virtual number. If you advertise a marketing campaign with a toll-free number, your clients and prospects will know that they can easily access your business over their phones.
- Call recording – did you know that a virtual phone system allows you to record all calls that have taken place? You can use these recordings for future reference or for training new employees about the proper handling of conversations with clients. This is one of the indispensable tools a virtual number can give you.
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR) – How about having a virtual receptionist instead of a human call attendant? With an IVR that comes along with a virtual phone system technology, you can be sure that all incoming calls can be handled properly, and calls are forwarded to the right person or department in your office. This whole process is efficient, fast, seamless, and eliminates mistakes in forwarding calls.
What we mentioned above are just a few of the many advantages that you can get if you choose to incorporate a virtual number into your communication system. Best of all, you are continuously providing excellent customer service without worrying about drop calls, miscalls, and wrong forwarded calls.
Judging from all the features a virtual has to offer, there is no doubt that a business could definitely boost its overall presence in terms of branding, professionalism, and positive customer experience.
Telnum is your reliable cloud-based phone service provider. With its vast experience in virtual communication technology, you can be assured of getting the perfect virtual phone system for your kind of business. Give us a call and we will help you in analyzing the best virtual phone service. Because we firmly believe that your business success is our business success as well.
Chris Mcdonald has been the lead news writer at complete connection. His passion for helping people in all aspects of online marketing flows through in the expert industry coverage he provides. Chris is also an author of tech blog Area19delegate. He likes spending his time with family, studying martial arts and plucking fat bass guitar strings.