You have amazing e-commerce portal which is damn good at visually, easy to navigate and have good stock of products upload on the site. Now you need to apply to marketing tactics to drive customer from search engine to your portal. You might doing some traditional techniques to make aware people about your website. You also need Search engine optimization (SEO) and Pay per click (PPC) marketing to drive customer from search engine, other portals or blogs to your website. It’s a very easy to do that. Let’s take a look why you need SEO and PPC to drive sales online from your portal.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is the way to make your website or portal search engine (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Duck Duck Go) friendly. SEO optimized website has higher chances of ranking in the search engine and higher ranking helps them to drive customers from there to your website. SEO ultimately helps in increase product sales online. Here are the top few points you should look in SEO,
- Proper utilization of keywords and phrases in original relevant content related to the topic.
- Have a good number of backlinks from other sites and buzz on other relevant sites.
- Make sure that your portal build on technical standards of search engine to enhance user experience.
In digital revolution era, online marketing is the most important part. Most of the people searching in Google about products they are interested in. Everybody wants their website on top rank in search engine like Google. Huge competition in the online market, it’s different than print and television media, radio, billboards, etc. SEO is time consuming as well as long term process. SEO will best long term benefits as business owners doesn’t need to pay anything, It’s completely free.
Pay Per Click Advertisements
It’s a quick way to get online traffic to your portal. There are various programs that offer PPC ads like Google Ads, Yahoo/Bing Ads, SteellHouse, Facebook Ads, Twitter Ads, LinkedIn Ads, AdRoll, etc. You can create campaign based on your requirements and generate more sales using e-Commerce SEO & PPC strategy.
PPC marketing platforms offer different methods to generate conversion, like:
- Shopping Ads: You can show your product ads in search result like Google, Yahoo and Bing.
- Text Ads: Show text ads in search results, partner sites, emails, and other placements.
- Display Ads: Image/banner ads to other partner sites like Blogs, News portals, Forums, and other CMS sites.
- Video Ads: On video portals like YouTube, you can show your ads in video search portals, video commercial in showing regular videos.
- Social Media Platforms: Use this is specific platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc. You can target gender, demographic and interest based targeting.
Now you understand why PPC is important for online business. It helps you to get audience of your choice so you can expect sales from your business.
Digital Marketing Tools for Small & Medium Scale Business
The internet to open to all and it has open the door for small scale business owners to turn their traditional regular business into multimillion-dollar organizations. Previously there was only TV, Radio and Billboards for advertisements. Only Big organization able to make on those platforms. Now in the Internet era, platforms for business owners easily available at zero to affordable rates and ads also become cheaper.
In cutthroat competition, business owners making eye catchy ads to get sales from their portal. Here I am going to tell you about tools that can help small business owners to build business online within their budget.
- WordPress: It is a content management system (CMS) for online marketing. The most easy to use platform for any business. Most of business houses now using WordPress due to its flexibility and easy to use method. You just need to drag and drop for content placement in the website. It is best for business professional website and blogs. But there are many themes available in the market to use for forums, Q&A sites, etc.
- Canva/Pixlr Editor: Online advertisements are now part of regular digital marketing activities. it is online tools to create image ads for display ads. You can use rich image creator, it also use to develop images for social media platforms, your business portal, emails, and more. You can also compile data and create chart in Canva. It will helps you to get things done without hire anyone for your work. You just need to do drag and drop and you’re done.
- Search Console by Google (Webmaster Tool): It is very important for your business. This tools will help you to find technical error within your website and make search engine friendly website. Google Search Console is also known as Google Web Master tool. You can also track ranking keywords, top landing pages, page views, etc. Follow their guideline to improve website performance.
- Ubersuggest: If you are planning to create content or updating the content for your niche then you must use Ubersuggest. Keywords are most important as it is the only search by user in search engine and reach your website. Keywords help you to get traffic by proper utilization in website content or link building activities. Search for new keywords, Ubersuggest will show new top keywords which were used by users. You can find what user were searching about your products. Suppose you’re searching related “leather shoes”, it will suggest you othe best options to choose from like “women’s leather shoes”, “men’s leather shoes”, “leather shoes collection”, etc.
- Help a Reporter out (HARO): Only keywords is not enough for business website or portal, you need to have original content on your website to make reputable digital marketing presence. Try “Help a Reporter Out (HARO)”. You just need to sign up and find the content you’re interested in. Get the content and publish on your portal.
- MailChimp: Email newsletter is also most important part of online marketing. Its reliable, free tool that can help you reach more people and get conversions. You can create visually appealing newsletter for business and send it to all costumer in just matter of second.
- Hootsuite: You might do not have time to publish manually on social media platforms but Hootsuite is the platform that allows you to schedule and social media post on various platforms like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other supported platforms. You can also track who clicked your post. Stay up to date with Hootsuite as it help you to be organized in social media platforms.
So, these are the top tools for small & medium industries. You can also have look for other free & paid tools like Google Analytics, Alexa, Ahref, Spyfu, etc.
Kevin Haynes possesses vast experience and profound knowledge of Digital Marketing. He strives to drive business growth through his expertise in the field. As a blogger, he intends to provide the audience with smart marketing insights through his articles.