Top 10 Project Management Tools for Startups
Running a successful startup is not as easy as pie. Whether you have a team of five or fifty, managing resources and their tasks efficiently is crucial. For this, you need a project management tool to organize tasks and get the best out of it.
There are plenty of tools available in the market, but choosing the right tool for your organization can be a difficult task.
To make it simple, I have listed some of the best tools for startups that I have used during my career.
#1 Nifty PM
Nifty is an integrated project management tool that includes team communication feature to manage their team in an efficient way. Gradually, Nifty has got recognition with its distinct features including project tasks, resource management, team chat across all the projects, resource management and more.
- Kanban Board View to divide tasks
- A birds-eye overview of all projects and teamwork
- File storage with different categories
- Change notifications settings for each member as you want
Pricing: Free for a small team. Its basic plan starts from $8 per month with 5 GB storage.
nTask is a new tool with a simple design to manage projects and tasks. It has clear design and straightforward format that eliminate the learning steps of any team. With native modules, this tool provides a comprehensive report to your project requirements. Also, with issue management module, you can identify and assign issues to the team member.
- Create and track projects and tasks
- Meeting scheduling with followup action
- Timesheet management to log hours (manually)
- Task export
- Gantt chart facility to give you an idea of task timeline
Pricing: Pro plan starts from $2.99 per month per user.
Trello is one of the leading project management tools for startup owners. With Kanban boards, user can quickly create a card and assign to the team member with drag and drop facility. Its free plan offers unlimited cards, unlimited members and checklist with file upload facility.
- Easy-use dashboard to create tasks and check task progress.
- Allows to create checklists within cards
- Email-to-board feature to convert emails into cards and boards
Pricing: Business plan starts from $9.99 per month per user.
With unique features and add-ons like email project management and multi-language interface, ProofHub has gained popularity among enterprises. Compared to other tools, it’s a bit expensive though it’s an easy-to-use project management tool to manage a large team.
- Time tracking to manage tasks
- Gantt chart to timeline visually
- File sharing and group chat features
- Multilingual interface
- Users can make items private to control visibility.
Pricing: $89 per month with unlimited projects and users, 100 GB storage
With in-built templates, Proworkflow has become the first choice for project management. It is best for organizations who want to manage finances and monitor their investment. Customized workflow, time logs, and team communications add-ons are also included.
- Flexible, easy task control with one project dashboard
- Integrated messaging & collaboration
- Multiple methods for tracking time from anywhere in the app
- Assign work to clients and contractors
- Invoice manager
- Pre-defined templates for different tasks
- Powerful report manager
Pricing: Solo plan starts from $10 per month per user and professional from $20 per month per user.
Basecamp is one of the best project management tools for solopreneurs, startups and enterprises. With powerful features like real-time instant messaging and group chat, task management and team management have become organized. Also, reports can be generated based on a work summary.
Their simple price format allows businesses to use this tool regardless of team size.
- Create a to-do lists for tasks and schedule
- Project templates
- Track time spent on projects
- Gantt Charts for task progress
- Instant messaging to groups and individuals
- Team Discussion
Pricing: $99 per month, no per-user fees
Teamwork takes care of all your project management and team collaboration. It has incorporated all the features like task management, time tracking, billing and many more. Whether you are a small team or enterprise, Teamwork helps you to streamline your projects and team.
Image via: Picksaas
- Easy task management with sub-task feature
- Time-tracking on each task
- Gantt-style view of a project
- Templates for task list
- Set permissions of users and decide what notifications to be sent.
- Create invoices quickly and easily
- Create project reports and get updates
Pricing: Free plan for a small team for five users. Paid plans start from $9 per month.
Aha! is the most favorite tool among startup communities as its subscription plan is designed for them. It helps startups to understand vision, goals, and to develop a strategy that works efficiently. It also has included the feature which gathers ideas and feedback from clients to improve their product or services.
- Centralized all the projects
- Pre-defined modules to develop strategy and roadmaps
- Wireframes, sketches can be attached directly to features.
- Analyze the reports without any duplication entry
- Allows customization of navigation, layouts, workflow and status
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android
Pricing: For free plans, startups have to meet their guidelines. Premium plan starts from $59 per user per month.
Wrike is a complete package for project and task management which is suitable for all size businesses. Managing tasks is easy with Wrike as it allows you to tag a person to assign the task. It also offers a free plan with a limited number of users so you can check features before you go with paid plans. You can always upgrade the subscription plan later on as your company grows.
- Gantt Chart for real-time work visibility
- Advanced reporting and workload view to monitor project progress
- Resource management tool to manage team workload
- Customize workflows to every project
- Team discussions
- Real-time newsfeed
- iPhone and Android apps
Pricing: Professional plan starts from $9.80 per month per user
Teamweek is an easy-to-use project management tool with visual planning and the drag-and-drop feature. You can create tasks based on a timeline and monitor your workflow. If you are looking for colorful visuals for task management, this tool can be your first choice.
- Simple tool for project management
- Gantt-chart for visual presentation
- Task management with the drag-and-drop interface
- Scheduling task
- Manage your team and check their availability
- Divide your tasks as sub-tasks
Pricing: Free for a small team, up to five users. Subscription starts from $35 per month, for 10 users.
Project management is an essential part of every industry. With the right tool, startups can grow and scale and get success.https://www.completeconnection.ca/top-10-project-management-tools-for-startups/Technologyproject management tools for startups