In this modern era where digital marketing has become more important than banner marketing or door-to-door marketing, the importance of customer attraction and dealing with them has to play an important role in website and online platforms.
The traffic on websites plays a major role in the success of your business. According to Ahrefs, 90.63% of pages get no organic search traffic from Google. Thus, for creating traffic on websites, SEOs have been used by various companies, which create more opportunities for customers to deal on the website and create a huge impact on customer satisfaction.
Importance of Traffic on websites:
The traffic on websites creates more opportunities for customers to buy a product and go through several pieces of information available on the site. The more traffic on the website, the more customer attraction you will achieve. It creates more selling of the products or services more efficiently, which may be not possible without SEOs. You’ll be amazed to know that SEO drives 1000%+ more traffic than organic social media. The company website that uses better SEOs will have better marketability and more profitability.
What is SEO?
Search Engine Optimization, which is generally used to create traffic on websites. It is a strategic method to create traffic and give more customer views on sites. BrightEdge reveals that 68% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
Hence SEO is used to set up technically, the textual and visual experience and customer friendliness. The organic views on the website are increased, and search engines provide more reviews about the products. Different Q&As are added in SEOs which clears the customer’s mind about the services and products.
Importance of SEO in Websites:
Search engine crawlers are generally looking for various websites for SEOs; this helps the company attract more customers and creates beneficiaries. The SEO experts help the website assess and determine the kind of content that should appear on the website and provide particular designs and templates.
The important things in SEOs are keywords, headings, data in SEOs, body, and visual content. By effective SEOs, the searchers will get more relevant and perfect answers to their queries.
The list of On-Page SEO checklists:
- Page Titles
- SEO-friendly URLs
- Compelling meta-Description
- Subheadings and Tags
- Keywords Placement
- Good User Experience (UX)
- Internal and External Links
- LSI Keywords
- Visual Optimization
- Strong CTA
- Proper Schema Markup
- Video Optimization
- Crawl able Website
- Highlight the main Keywords
- Search Intents
- Voice Searches
- modifying Titles and Keywords
- Good Introduction
- Optimized Snippets
- Quality Content
- Social Buttons
- Page Loading Speeds
- LessFewer Advertisements
- Responsive Design
- Reviews and FAQs
Let us have more knowledge about this in detail:
1. Page Titles:
- According to Databox, Google receives over 75,000 searches per second and the top searches include those with catchy page titles.
- The primary thing of any SEOs is all about the title and is the most significant factor. The title of the on-page SEO can attract the crawlers and determine the search engines’ intent.
- The title should be a unique and eye-catching one. It should also have a concise and descriptive purpose. The title encapsulates the intent in the page’s content, and it should have more idea about what is there on the website.
- The title should have at least one primary KEYWORD that is included on the page. The title should always have an H1 tag (an HTML code) as it is important for its content.
2. SEO-friendly URLs:
- The URLs of the SEO are always unique and have to be best suited to the page’s content.
- As can be seen from the above image, the URL suits the SEO, and it should be short and sweet, which relates to the content. There should be negligible special characters in it and should have at most 5-6 words.
- The URL should also have a primary keyword as it makes it worth it for both users and searchers.
3. Compelling meta-Description:
- Meta-descriptions is a brief snippet of the text that describes your content on the page. The meta-description gives a brief about the article, and its result should be stand out.
- The meta-description should be 928-pixel per width and should be descriptive. There should be a good use of many keywords in this as it gives more introduction about the content.
- Add strong call-to-action to encourage readers to click, read, and learn about the content.
4. Sub-headings and Tags:
- The use of better sub-heading adds more benefits to the user experience, which gives opportunities to use keywords in the content.
- Due to subheading, there is an easy scanning of the content on the page. Nowadays, people also lack time to read the article, sub-headings help the readers get an overview of the content. These provide information about the content.
- The content should be logical and descriptive so that the readers can easily understand it. They should have H2 and H3 tags of HTML code, making the readers that content is written important and relates to the topic.
5. Placement of Keywords:
- The best placement of the keywords to use in the title, URLs, meta-description, and sub-headings. Place the keywords on the page under the reader’s eye. The ratio of keywords should be 2-3:100 words.
- Excessive use of keywords may lead to boringness content to the readers. Instead of quantity, there should be more priority on the quality of the keywords. Placing the keywords should be seamless and natural in the content.
- The keyword placement is important in the reader’s perspective as they mark them and use for further purpose. Moreover, keyword highlights the content of the page.
6. Good User-Experience (UX):
- User experience is one of the most contributing factors in SEOs as it makes readers good readability and a seamless experience to visit the site.
- The factors that make UX better are trying to make the content easy to understand, URLs attached in content should be working, the site should have high loading speed, and the site should have compatible and responsive design.
- Nowadays, people are more mobile and would like to have perfect fonts, colors, etc. The design of the website should be aesthetic and comfortable to the readers. Having difficulty navigating there will cause a drop in readers and crawlers in the website and the company may fall.
7. Internal and External Links:
- The links that are attached in the content that connects to other pages are known as internal links. Internal links make users get to the other page very easily and explore the pages. Readers always use these links to get through one page to another and discover something new.
- While using internal links, the texts should be clear and relevant to the page. It will help the reader to get a better idea of the link.
- Always use links for getting a better user experience, relevant to the topic.
- External links are generally the links of the content that are not found on your website. The readers get help with these links about the content of the page.
- By practicing linking the websites, the credibility of the page is increased and is also important for SEOs.There is a list of “rel” attributes:
- rel= “sponsored”: advertisement links
- rel= “UGC”: user-generated content links i.e. comments on posts
- When the user clicks on the external link, make sure it opens in the new tab or window, so that the website remains open and they are visiting the new link.
8. LSI Keywords:
- Latent Semantic Indexing keywords are keywords that are synonymous related to primary keywords. Using LSI, the readers can get more context and makes it more relevant to the topic.
- LSI is a technique that allows an understanding of the page theme without any keywords. Place LSI keywords frequently so that readers can understand the context of the page more easily and without much fuss.
9. Visual Optimization:
- Using visual optimization like placing images and pictures at required intervals makes the information more understanding and interesting. By keeping relevant images as per the context, the readers frequently scroll through the website and make good reviews about the page.
- ALT tags are used when the image fails to upload properly and describes the image is related to the context. High-quality images are preferable and make sure images are compresses properly and resize in a best-fitted way.
- Readers generally go through the images and get a better idea about the context that increases the website traffic.
10. Strong Call-to-Action:
- Strong CTA plays a vital role after the reader has read the context. The site visitors read the context, they should know what to do next, and CTA should be clear enough to help them.
- The Call-to-Action should be related to the context of the page. For example, if the page has some informational context, then the CTA should be “sign up now”.
11. Proper Schema Markup:
- Schema is an important thing while designing SEOs on It helps to organize the structure of the SEOs in the website and helps search engines read your page and rank highly.
- Its a result of a collaboration between Google, Bing, and Yahoo. It provides necessary information about search engines to understand easily.
- An example, you find star ratings and reviews in Play Store when you download any application that is a prime example of Schema Markup. By adding Schema Markup, there is an increase in the page clicking ratio.
Having Schema Markups on your page improves your website’s look and enhances the rich snippets below the page title.
12. Video Optimization:
- Apart from images on the website, video optimization is also equally important in attracting readers. Video is one of the preferred mediums as it has audio and visual information in the same context.
- By adding videos in the context, visitors will be engaged and consume more time on a website that indirectly helps the time duration ratio.
- The video title should be relevant to the topic and must have a keyword. Choose high-quality videos and thumbnails, if possible add subtitles, must have a description of the video with keywords or LSI keywords.
- The viewers will be engaged more and understand the content well by adding videos on the page.
13. Crawl able Website:
- Crawling is updating the existing or old content on the page with new facts and detailed data. Search engines have crawlers for this that help to analyze the content and be updated.
- The crawlers go through several websites and get links to discover new URLs. You may have an option of removing or blocking crawlers on the page. You can do it by using Robots.txt.
14. Highlight main Keywords:
- One of the integral parts of SEOs targets the main keywords and uses them frequently in the context. The research of the main keyword is important, and mapping takes place.
- The audience should be targeting, as you need to search what they are looking for and what type of details they want.
- Use different tools for targeting the keywords and can be used as per audience requirements. The highlighted keyword should be relevant to the content’s main topic and can be used to target the audience.
15. Search Intents:
- Always ensure that the search content satisfies the viewers as it plays an important role in customer satisfaction. If the user intends to search for the difference between the two products, the content should not have information about selling the product.
- The readers always look for searching as per his requirement, so you should take care of the search’s requirements and value.
16. Voice Searches:
- Voice searching is to communicate with the device that is done by the reader instead of typing the inputs. It improves user-experience in a lot of ways as by now, most people are looking for voice searches rather than the input of any typing data.
- Voice searching can be improved in many ways. Enabling search engines’ search enhancements and visually appealing results keeps the information about the context in simple language as the reader uses simple while voice searches.
- Nowadays, voice searches are through mobiles, so improvement should be done in mobile usability and friendliness.
17. Modifying Titles and Keywords:
- By modifying the titles, they can be made into long-tail keywords. The modification should be done also in voice searches.
- Using modifiers can be useful from the primary keyword, as you can be ranked in keywords as well.
18. Good Introduction:
- The introduction is the first thing that is noticed by the readers, and the content can be briefly assumed as per the introduction.
- The introduction should be eye-catching to the reader, as it should contain the primary keyword. A good intro will attract more viewers, and they will stick more around the content.
- The content may be so good, but if the intro fails to impress, it is of no use.
19. Optimized Snippets:
- Snippets are the answer boxes on the top of search engines, which have some specific queries. ItM increases traffic on the website.
- The snippets should have to be under terms like accurate answers for the questions, use of facts and data when needed, organize the answer perfectly, use of visual and audio for better optimization.
20. Quality Content:
- The content is the most important part of the SEOs, and it is considered the heart of search engines. The quality content can be understood easily and should not have jargon and hard words to understand.
- The use of bullets and numbering increases the value of the content. Content should be more precise to the topic and should have an easier understanding of the sentences.
- The ideal way to write is in the short paragraphs, use of primary keywords, and stats when needed.
21. Social Buttons:
- Adding social media buttons becomes distributed on various platforms as social media has a wide range of networks. By social buttons, there is heavy traffic on the website and increases brand recognition.
- It also helps increasing customer experience, and viewers can share the content on their social media. By sharing the content gets more important as it has a wide range of networks.
22. Page Loading Speeds:
- Nowadays, the world is moving faster so as people are moving. Hence, they want everything to be done faster, and due to this, the website page loading should be on time.
- The speed of page loading should not be more than 3 seconds as viewers can get frustrated due to slow processes. The faster it loads, the higher it gets.
23. Fewer Advertisements:
- The websites are now having more advertisements, which should be avoided as they may get negative customer reviews and lead to the website’s downfall.
- The less number of websites, the more customer satisfaction. While loading other contents, sometimes the ads can create frustration in the reader’s mind.
- The use of a negligible amount of ads is highly recommended for a good amount of traffic.
24. Responsive Design:
- Nowadays, people are more using mobiles rather than carrying desktop, so the design should be more compatible with the readers.
- Optimizing for mobile is necessary. If the website has a responsive design, the adaptability of the user experience will be higher.
- After the content is read, customer reviews are the most important thing that needs to be done.
- Especially blog pages should have a comment section where readers can easily give their feedback and engage with the customer and their requirements.
- Optimizing the website for customer satisfaction is important for search engines. By keeping all the points mentioned above, you can greatly impact search engines and gain huge profits.
So this was the top SEO checklist for 2021! SEO can take your business to rank high on Google and get free organic traffic from various search queries. If you own an online business and are tired of the slow growth, this checklist will help you not just to sail through the competition but allow your business to experience skyrocketing successes.
Ella Watson is an ambitious Outreach Manager and technical writer at Platinum SEO. Offering expertise in integrating digital marketing assets, creating online content, driving brand awareness, and coordinating digital marketing campaigns. She is a team builder, a natural leader, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. In her free time, she enjoys hiking, skiing, and hanging out with colleagues.