It is believed that the average person uses a variety of mobile applications 3-4 hours daily. To make your app take up some of that time, you need to promote it. To do this, use the cyclic scheme, which includes the attraction, retention, activation, and virality. The user follows this path. And at each stage there is a marketing “chips”, allowing to increase interest and loyalty. About the most popular applications on Android, you can read on this resource.
BASIC TIPS ON MOBILE MARKETING
To attract visitors, use:
- Joint (or cross) promotion. In the initial stages, it is necessary to unite with brands of your or related topics-the main thing that the target audience was similar. Such an association will fill the budget for promotion and attract more visitors.
- Call “Add to waiting list”, even if the version for some of the operating systems has not yet been launched. Usually, the “Startup soon” button is selected, but it cannot adequately interest the user. Most likely, the visitor will not return. If a person adds your application to the waiting list, then by the time of release the application will already have its own subscription base.
- Use the “domino effect” or “word of mouth”. If at least one large media (information) platform makes an overview of your application (or at least mentions it), then it will automatically become interesting for both users and smaller sites. So you can get a lot of free reviews.
- Give a five! For rating the application, you need at least 5 ratings. Want five stars? Ask friends or relatives to rate the app.
- Provide features. Your application needs to get into the selection of the best versions of AppStore or Google Play. To do this, enable networking. Communication with experts in your industry and participation in specialized events will help to promote the application.
- Follow the innovations in the app stores. If you are one of the first to introduce new store requirements, this will work for your reputation. The use of new chips and technologies will help you get into the list of recommendations.
- Promote the app with mutual advertising. Advertise offers of partners in exchange for advertising on their part. This approach allows you to increase coverage with a minimum budget.
- Communicate on profile resources like Hacker News. Any discussion of your application can be beneficial to the promotion. The main thing is to notice and react in time. In addition, you can communicate with your potential visitors in specialized communities and motivate them to use your application.
- Marketing Influence. Attracting the opinion of leaders is not as difficult as it seems. Bloggers are also people and will be happy to participate in an interesting project. Of course, the TOP-s will ask an impressive amount for the integration, but the work with the “middle link” has not been canceled.
- Referral program. Start with your friends. Ask them to share the app with friends. If you have a paid or shareware product, then provide a referral program. Make discounts or give out in-game currency for attracting new users.
- Start with a limited segment of users. Perform testing on a specific region before running the application across the country. Such an approach is called “soft launch.” It helps to study the reaction of users without any financial injections.
- Use video ads. They are especially effective for social networks, besides, in advertising campaigns are cheaper than static ones.
- Consider SEO requirements. For better ranking, optimize the landing page. And do not forget about App Store Optimization or ASO – optimization for the rating of stores by keys.
- Identify Mobile Moments and use them. This term is understood as special “mobile moments” – those that attract users in the mobile version higher than in the desktop.
THERE ARE MORE THREE SECRETS THAT HELP ASSIST INACTIVATION AND RETENTION
- Personalization. It is difficult to surprise the user, but it is very important that the first impression is positive. For example, contact a person by name or use unobtrusive advertising.
- Demo version. Users who are familiar with the product demo, three times more likely to purchase a paid version. If you do not use the “delayed start”, during the first week of the application will forget more than 90% of users. And do not forget about the limitations of the offer: a discount on the purchase or demo version should not be “always”.
- Push Notifications. Run a series of pop-up notifications immediately after the user installs the application. These notices should contain recommendations and tips for using the products.
It is not enough just to develop and run a mobile application. It is also important to ensure its promotion. Use the above tips or contact the professionals! All about the app updates on Android you can read here.
Finally, I would like to say that it is necessary to approach the promotion in a comprehensive manner. Work through several channels simultaneously. At the same time, keep the target audience in focus and maintain a clear positioning.
Iren is an editor of androidappsforme.com. Irina writes reviews on various mobile applications, as well as everything related to gadgets and marketing.